Who is the Mummy MOT® Training Course for?
The Mummy MOT training is A MUST for all physiotherapists, who (or are looking to) specialise in working with new mums and Post-Natal women’s health.
- Do you work in private practice?
- Do you want to provide the best Post-Natal screening and assessment for new mums?
- Do you want to provide mums with a restorative Post-Natal programme to avoid long-term health complaints?
- Do you want to provide a structured and progressive solution for Diastasis Recovery?
- Do you want to educate and provide practical solutions for POP and UIC?
- Do you want to create on-going exercise solutions/classes for new mums within your practice or provide remote exercise programmes?
- Do you want to help mums return to a good sex life with their partners?
- Do you want to learn new ‘Functional Exercise’ protocols for new mums that take them all the way from the Physio scenario to a return to ‘sport’?
Upcoming Training Dates
How does the Mummy MOT® System work?
The Mummy MOT combines the principles of physiotherapy assessment progressed to Functional Exercise training following delivery. It includes education on the natal period postural changes and muscular imbalances that may cause pain and dysfunction both on a local and global level for the new mum. The education emphasises the importance of correcting and rebalancing these dysfunctions to avoid/solve issues such as POP, UIC and RDA through a restorative exercise programme to regain stability and optimal function.
The ‘Restorative’ portion of the system uses Swiss Balls, foam rollers and theraband to help activate the important stabilising muscles. Proprioception and breath work are both incorporated.
The ‘Functional Exercise for Motherhood’ portion of the education will give tuition on the creation and progression of exercise/fat loss programmes for Post Natal moms at all levels of recovery alongside the principles of ‘Movement-Based’ Pelvic Floor Exercise.
What does the Mummy MOT Training Course include?
The intensive 2-day course creates specialist Post-Natal Physiotherapists, licensed to operate the Mummy MOT health-check in the UK.
Mummy MOT course includes specific training on:
- Assessment of Diastasis Recti and Pelvic Floor
- Internal Examination of the Pelvic Floor
- Pelvic Alignment
- Post-Natal Muscular Skeletal Evaluation
- A range of Restorative Exercises
- Progression of Restorative Exercises to the ‘Fitness/Sport’ scenario
- Creation of ongoing 1-1 or Small Group Fitness Offerings within the Physiotherapy setting
What will the Mummy MOT do for you & your business?
The Mummy MOT will provide physios with:
- The opportunity to provide cutting edge and top level clinical Post-Natal care for women.
- The opportunity to provide cutting edge and top level Post Natal Functional Exercise as a progression from the Physiotherapy scenario for their female clients.
- The potential to expand your business by offering the Mummy MOT package and both 1-1 and small group fitness packages thereafter.
- Certification will also include a listing on the Mummy MOT Register which will be promoted throughout social media channels.