The Mummy MOT® Training for Physiotherapists
The Mummy MOT® training is A MUST for all physiotherapists, who specialise in working with new mums and Post-Natal women’s health.
Do you work in private practice and want to:
- provide the best Post-Natal screening and assessment for new mums?
- provide mums with a restorative Post-Natal programme to avoid long-term health complaints?
- provide a structured and progressive solution for Diastasis Recovery?
- educate and provide practical solutions for POP and UIC?
- create on-going exercise solutions/classes for new mums within your practice or provide remote exercise programmes?
- help mums return to a good sex life with their partners?
- learn new ‘Functional Exercise’ protocols for new mums that take them all the way from the Physio scenario to a return to ‘sport’?
If you SAID “YES” to all the above then you need to become a Mummy MOT® Practitioner
The Mummy MOT® will equip physiotherapists with the opportunity:
To provide cutting edge and top level clinical post-natal care.
To prescribe functional exercises, progressing from the Physio scenario
To expand your business by offering the service in both 1-1 or small groups.
Certification will also include a listing on our online, searchable Mummy MOT® Register and permission to use branded marketing materials
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the pre-requisites for training?
- be a physiotherapist
- have previously completed a Pelvic Floor Assessment
- be comfortable/competent performing a Basic Vaginal Examination.
What does the Mummy MOT® Training Course include?
The intensive 2-day course creates specialist Post-Natal Physiotherapists, licensed to operate the Mummy MOT® health-check in the UK.
The Mummy MOT® course includes specific training on:
- Assessment of Diastasis Recti and Pelvic Floor
- Internal Examination of the Pelvic Floor
- Pelvic Alignment
- Post-Natal Muscular Skeletal Evaluation
- A range of Restorative Exercises
- Progression of Restorative Exercises to the ‘Fitness/Sport’ scenario
- Creation of ongoing 1-1 or Small Group Fitness Offerings within the Physiotherapy setting
ARe there any further costs after training?
All qualified practitioners will be required to pay a licence fee to use the branding and resources following training. This will also grant access to our business hub. The current cost is £12.99pcm.
The hub is packed full of all the great stuff your business will need to get maximum benefit from the Mummy MOT® brand:
- An enhanced practice listing on the main Mummy MOT website, professionally hosted and optimized
- Updates and upgrades to Mummy MOT® practices and materials
- Access to the closed community discussion forum
- Mummy MOT brand marketing benefits including links to advertorial, editorial coverage and promotional materials
- Access to relevant and regular blogs for use as part of your own marketing and website.
- Access to vlogs and training material from industry experts and leaders
- A 10% discount on all Mummy MOT CPD related courses
- Possibilities to run your own course hosted by Mummy MOT
Become an Assistant on the Mummy MOT® Training Course(s)
What will the Mummy MOT® do for you & your business?
The Mummy MOT® will provide physios with:
- The opportunity to provide cutting edge and top level clinical Post-Natal care for women.
- The opportunity to provide cutting edge and top level Post Natal Functional Exercise as a progression from the Physiotherapy scenario for their female clients.
- The potential to expand your business by offering the Mummy MOT package and both 1-1 and small group fitness packages thereafter.
Certification will also include a listing on the online, searchable Mummy MOT® Register.
How does the Mummy MOT® System work?
The Mummy MOT combines the principles of physiotherapy assessment progressed to Functional Exercise training following delivery. It includes education on the natal period postural changes and muscular imbalances that may cause pain and dysfunction both on a local and global level for the new mum. The education emphasises the importance of correcting and rebalancing these dysfunctions to avoid/solve issues such as POP, UIC and RDA through a restorative exercise programme to regain stability and optimal function.
The ‘Restorative’ portion of the system uses Swiss Balls, foam rollers and theraband to help activate the important stabilising muscles. Proprioception and breath work are both incorporated.
The ‘Functional Exercise for Motherhood’ portion of the education will give tuition on the creation and progression of exercise/fat loss programmes for Post Natal moms at all levels of recovery alongside the principles of ‘Movement-Based’ Pelvic Floor Exercise